Thursday, September 15, 2011

Birthday Month of September

September has been eventful so far.

September 7-8, Our neighborhood experienced flooding. The rains came down and the reservoir and Susquehanna came up. Our little house was dry as ever, but roads were closed so we had evacuated to the Jones' when we could. -So much for getting new carpet ;) We are grateful we didn't have to deal with a mess.





























We escaped to the D.C. Temple on September 10th. It was such a gorgeous day. For dinner we stopped off at Cafe Rio in Maryland on our way home! A comfort from our western home is that delicious pork salad. They also have yummy mint lemonade.




Then it was Monday, and I got laid off at work. Laid off from the promise of a few more months of something, but thankfully, I had an interview for an after school reading tutoring program that day too. They are hiring me so there will be work for me this fall before Baby comes.

This blue picture is just outside our door and taken on my birthday, Wednesday the 14th. I turned 24 and our baby was 24 weeks along! Happy Birthday to me! Spencer took me on a successful boot shopping trip on my birthday eve and then we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner right after these pictures. When we were leaving the restaurant, there was a grand lightening storm. After a quick stop at the thrift store down the road, we braved the weather to grab a treat at Cold Stone. The power was out in that neighborhood so we went to Meadow's Custard-another favorite and shared a Turtle sundae. mmmmm. Then there was time for a game at the Ellsworth's!

1 comment: