Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sienna

So, we took a day trip from Florence to lovely Sienna. I'd been a couple times, and when the sun is just right, it really makes the bricks and buildings glow. Plus, that tower just looms. It can barely fit into pictures... as you'll soon see.
See what I mean? Here we are outside, and even from our waists up you can get to the top of that thing, but wait, we forgot something!

 Oh, Heidi's napping again! She really didn't seem to get into the sights and museums like we did. She enjoyed people watching, but one piazza was plenty for Heidi, and the Italians put them everywhere, so by the time we made it to Sienna, I guess she'd had enough. 'Just more cobblestones to rumble across,' sighed Heidi in her best Eeyore. We've been reading Heidi The House at Pooh Corner and she's reasonably interested.

 Here's the tower from below. We took advantage of the shade and the view and the not having to pay to go up. We didn't always take advantage of that--look out Eiffel Tower--but it suited us here.

Gaaahh!

Jumping with the old gang...

 Did you see that Cathedral, today? Talk about bright...

 Jordan being manly, Heather being motherly, and Natty and Heidi being totes.

 A nice street. Another church. Charming Sienna.

I love Heather's and Heidi's looks here. I'm looking weird, but then I'm acting kind of weird for this post. So, a good place to end? 

I'm going to try and pick up the pace on some of these posts so that we can post some videos--cause I guess chronology is so important to me all of a sudden--of Heidi jumping around in her jumper with her two bottom teeth coming in. 
Spoiler alert: she's adorable.

1 comment: